Monday, May 13, 2013

Kornblatt's New York Style Delicatessen - On 23rd Ave in Portland, OR

The food here is pretty good. The only problem is that I expected more from a New York style deli. Once you say that you're a New York style deli, I automatically hold you to a higher standard. If this was any other sandwich shop, I would probably say it's really good, which (more objectively speaking) it is. The bread seemed a little airy and dry and the meats seemed like they had been sliced hours ago instead of when I ordered it. I thought that my Empire State Sandwich, which the menu warns "No Wimpy Appetites Allowed" about, should have had more meat and more flavorful dressing on it too. I guess I'm saying the New York style sandwich didn't measure up... It was weak in comparison.

I will say, however, that the place has a great atmosphere to it and the staff was colorful and friendly. And I say that even though the waitress pointed out to us that there was a parking enforcer across the street giving her a parking ticket as she watched. Not very professional, but not enough to keep me from going back if the food was amazing, which it wasn't. It was simply good.

Yelp

Kornblatt's Delicatessen on Urbanspoon


No comments:

Post a Comment